Saturday, October 8, 2011

Blogger Awards...

Best Blogger Tips
It feels quite exhilarating to see that so early in my foray into blogsvile I have been given an award by 2 no, 3 amazing bloggers, all within the space of 1 week. I first stumbled across the stylish and versatile blogger awards within 48 hours of starting my blog and I never guessed that barely 2 months down the line I’d be nominated for the award, I feel deeply honored because I know the awards aren’t just handed out anyhow, your blog really has to make meaning for you to get the award, so thanks guys, must mean I’m doing something right. 

The award rules state that:

You thank the blogger that gave you the award…
Share 7 things about yourself…
Give out the same awards to 15 other bloggers…
Then contact them

I am quite lazy when it comes to writing (yea right) which is why it’s taken me this long to do the needful. Truth be told it’s the part of awarding 15 other bloggers that’s slowed me down, this is because I’ve come across scores of amazing blogs and there’s  just no way I could narrow them to 15.

Today I said to myself ‘oya, get to it’ so here goes… 

*chanting like Betty Wright* first of all I’d like to say good evening and I’m so pleased that so many of you could come out and share in all the love and all the happiness that I have in store for ya…I want you to have a real good time, cos that’s just what I have in mind, is that alright with you? *hearing the imaginary yeeeaaaa* 

Ok seriously now, I want to start by thanking Myne Whitman, the very first person to give me the versatile blogger award. My eyes popped when I saw it and I felt deeply pleased, so thanks Myne…you’ve inspired me to keep doing it.

The next person to give me the award was Priscy, again I said to myself…damn! What’s going on in blogsville? Am I really writing great stuff? So to Priscy thanks sis…you made my day brighter the day you gave me the award.

Then finally my very own girl Menaukodoisready, stops by and drops the bombshell, another versatile award! I’m just speechless. Thanks Mena, thank you very much.


7 things about me: 

In one of my earlier posts I did the 7 (actually 9) things about me so naturally I thought I’d run out of stuff to say again but…there’s just so many things about me... 

1. I was really cute as a little girl, I had the most amazing hair. Many years down the line the cuteness I daresay is still there but the hair….hmmmm, all I can say is thank God for Brazilian and Peruvian tins and ‘Expression attach’ *said in my guttural Igbo accent*! 

                
the beautiful 4 year old, note the lovely hair...

2. I have a very loud (and I think irritating) laugh and sneeze. I don’t know how to laugh ladylike, I’m still learning. When something amuses me (which is often), I can’t chuckle or giggle quietly, I just have to let out a boisterous laugh and I feel sure people (especially the ladylike ladies) stare at me wondering if I have a few screws loose. Same thing with my sneeze, I see some folks hold back their sneeze or turn it into a squeak and I’m like kai! how does one hold back all that breath that’s just struggling to come out? When I sneeze I let it all out, a very loud and pleasurable A-tishhh-ooooooo!! 

3. I am fiercely loyal to friends and family. I can fight (not fisticuffs of course, hehehe) spend all my resources, etc just to defend my peeps. Even if they’re the guilty party I don’t wanna hear it, you just shouldn’t talk smack about them. Some people say this can be a bad character trait, because it means I may be able to condone evil, I say to them I have good friends and family, no evil people around me.

4. I have an opinion on practically anything and everything under the sun and I’m not afraid to say it and argue about it. At this point I’ll just quickly add something here which I seize every opportunity to talk about. I really have no patience for dumb girls who can’t hold a conversation beyond marykay cosmetics, Brazilian hair, the latest niteclub or nkwobi joint, etc, as soon as the conversation turns to ‘how will manufacturers cope now that the Nigerian government is making attempts to remove the fuel subsidy’, they suddenly go mute and hug their small stout bottle closer.

5. I read a lot. I love reading. A huge chunk of the knowledge and skills I have and use to make a living, I didn't get from schooling, I got them from reading. When you have a disability and find yourself in extreme pain a lot of times, going out to socialize isn’t always an option and lying at home feeling sorry for oneself is a No No too. So on days like those, I read, anything, novels, autobios, motivationals, fashion magazines, the Bible, etc.


6. Coffee is like water to me, I take more coffee than water in a day. I’ve been able to kick my other addictions except coffee. God help me. Perhaps I should also mention here that I've never taken alcohol in my 30something years on this earth...I've tried, pretended when I'm among friends (who down vodka, red label, 12 bottles of beer in one sitting), when they're not looking I empty my drink into the flowerpot, or pretend to fall asleep with the drink in my hand...till someone looks at me and says 'see her, she don drunk finish' and takes the drink from me, then I have to act all hungover the next day...kai! I belong in nollywood..hollywood! hehehe

7. The simplest things make me cry, a child crying, a touching love story on TV, a woman struggling to make ends meet, a person in pain in hospital.
 
I should probably call this no. 8 but I don’t want to break the rules. I talk/write a lot, I’m trying to master the art of brevity in writing so pardon me for the long read.
 
15 bloggers:
So with that out of the way, I hereby award this award (hmmm…that doesn’t sound right) to the bloggers below. It was a bit of a struggle choosing from a list of incredible blogs, well after much thought and pondering I came up with these 15. I don’t have enough words to describe them individually but I chose them because they either inspire me or make me laugh or both. They all have unique, fresh writing styles that stand them out in their own right. I am glad to know and read them.
 
Myne Whitman
Nutty J.
Elcy - Life of a handmaiden in transition
Toinlicious 
Priscy 
Mamuje 
Suagrbelly
Menaukodoisready 
Surprise 
The Truth
Life as I’ve lived it
Linda Ikeji
Le dynamique professeur
Welcome to Bold Caleb
An eccentric naija man


Errrr...pls note that these blogs are not listed in any particular order...#justsayin', lol

11 comments:

Myne said...

Awww...thank you so much for bringing it back to me. I love reading too, some people are surprised when I tell them that most of what I know, and my street smarts are from books.

You're still as pretty as your 4 year old self, :)

A-9ja-Great said...

Thanks alot dear,i really do appreciate it.Reading is very cool,i stop reading books for a while cos i was always on the net,but now i've resumed and it feels so good.Hey,you sure were very cute as a kid.LOL

Luciano said...

yu made me laugh gurl. congratulations

Amb Caleb said...

Seriously???? WOW!!!! Am so touched. I love your blog too. *kisses*

Gabrielle L'Chic said...

Very funny, berra go n learn how to sneeze like an ajebo oh!!

Surprise said...

Thanks for the award awarded to me.

I must confess you are great writer. How I wish I can write as you do.

You were really a cutie.

Wow!!! How I wish I have the connection, I could have connected you to something better than hollywood (may be worldwood). Lol

Toinlicious said...

me?! again! #moonwalk# thanx a lot sweetie. i'm gona go edit my award post and add u to my "award givers" lol.

as for the sneeze, it gets annoying for me bcos nobody says "bless you" when i sneeze. they usually smile cos they think i'm laffing or somthing.
their xcuse: it doesn't sound like a sneeze..more like a chicken noise.
My reply: it is an INVOLUNTARY action pple! i know i shuld b used to it bt i'm not *pout*

ha ha, so u are water-works too huh. i'm soo proud of myself cos i don't cry *displaying muscles* lol. dnt knw wat's been happening to me lately tho...i go water works on grey's anatomy. did i just say dat out loud? oh well

Nutty J. said...

Thank you very much for this award... I hail

ADMIN said...

thanks Myne...I actually think I look different from my 4yr old pic but if you say so...lol

@A9jagreat, you're right, sometimes the internet can be a big distraction and thanks for the compliment on my 4yr old foto...but errr....was kinda hoping you'd say that about my current looks :(

@Lucian, thanks sis...always glade to make someone laugh

@Amb Caleb...you do? (love my blog I mean) talk true...have you even read my blog? hahahahaha

@Gaby, abeg I no fit, lorl...the best I can do is to add fonee to the sneeze so instead of a loud 'atishoooo' it comes out as 'errtiirshuerrr'

@Surprise, oh am blushing now...me? a great writer? oh I couldn't possibly accept such a compliment (hope u dont see thru my false modesty) hehehe...

@Toinlicious, you're on a roll aren't you? all those awards and I just get 3 *green eyed*

@you're welcome Nutty J, me sef dey hail back..

Priscy said...

awwwww, thank babez you too much! thnx for giving the award back to me. and for real ur kiddie pix looks grt and u still rock girl.

Ginger said...

What a cute lil girl you were. I can imagine all te noise in the background as they were begging you to pose for thepicture :)

Congratulations on your award. We do love reading!